How sweet to get a tweet from Cathy Yenca @mathycathy and to be one of her 11 choice blogs. This is what I love about the Internet: it’s about community and people being nice to one another. Cathy Yenca is a supremely awesome mathematics educator who blogs and creates and shares. Thanks, Cathy, for the shout out. It was a nice gesture, so I think I’ll keep the good vibes going forward.
Sunshine Blog Awards go a little something like this (copied from Cathy’s Blog post):
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (Done and done!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Random Facts about me
- A few months ago I started a father daughter book club. It’s just me and my dad. He is a huge reader and reads mainly history. We walk together once a week and discuss our books. It’s the best.
- I love candy.
- Mayonnaise is gross.
- I own 4 bikes and a motorcycle.
- Until October, I hadn’t had a cell phone for 5 years.
- I don’t colour my hair. I stopped colouring my hair and gave up my cell phone to help pay for motorcycle insurance 5 years ago.
- I share a birthday with Miley Cyrus, and I am okay with that.
- I love math.
- My childhood dream was to be a downhill ski racer. I like high speed!
- I don’t have my own biological children. When people ask me if I have kids, I say “Yes, 20 or more a year!”
- I am terrible at coming up with Halloween costumes.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Out of Africa
- If you could have attended any concert anytime in history, what would it have been? Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” Music and Ballet that nearly caused a riot.
- What do you do for fun? Hobby? Ride bikes.
- What two guests would make the best comedic pair as co-hosts for the Oscars? ?dunno?
- Cat, Dog or Goldfish? Why? As pets? As tattoos? No thanks.
- How do you caffeinate? Espresso!
- Favorite twitter chat? #1to1techat #cdnedchat
- Best place you ever vacationed? Whistler, B.C. is pretty epic.
- Best book you’ve read in 2013? Ready Player One. Here is my list of reads from this year.
- Favorite television shows? Don’t watch TV.
- What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of? My husband.
My Sunshine Award Blogger Nominees
- Kristen Wideen http://www.mrswideen.com/
- Tracy Clark http://tracyannclark.com/
- Holly Clark http://www.hollyclark.org/
- Courtney Pepe http://mrspepe.com/
- Susan Bruyns http://bruynss.edublogs.org
- Megan Valois http://assessmentforlearning.weebly.com/blog.html
- Jon Samuelson http://www.ipadsammy.com
- David Fife http://www.davidfife.ca/
- Kyle Pearce http://tapintoteenminds.com/
- Doug Pete http://dougpete.wordpress.com/
- Rolland Chidiac http://www.newfluencies.blogspot.ca/